Creating perfect heat curls involves using the right tools and techniques! Here’s a step-by-step guide to how we create stunning curls at Twisted Desire:
- Prep Your Hair:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is naturally straight and tends to resist curls, you might want to use a light-hold mousse or styling product for added texture.
- Apply a heat protectant spray evenly throughout your hair to shield it from heat damage and let it dry if needed.
- Section Your Hair:
- Divide your hair into 3 sections using hair clips or claw clips. 2 sections on each side of the head and 1 section at the back.
- Set the Straightening Iron:
- Heat your straightening iron to the appropriate temperature for your hair type. Thicker hair generally requires higher heat, while finer hair should use a lower heat settings.
- Start Curling:
- Begin with one section of hair. For a more natural look, you can start curling a few inches down from your scalp.
- Hold the straightening iron pointing downward.
- Place a smaller section of hair inside the straightener, twisting the iron inwards or outwards depending on which way you would like the curl to fall.
- Pro tip: When curling the front pieces around the face, twist the iron inwards to ensure the curl sits away from your face.
- For a longer-lasting curl, let the curl cool in your hand before releasing it. This helps set the curls and ensures they last longer.
- Optional: Style and Finish:
- Use your fingers to gently tousle and separate the curls for a more natural look.
- Finish with a light mist of hairspray if you want extra hold.
Practice makes perfect when it comes to creating curls with heat tools. Experiment with different curling iron sizes and techniques to achieve your desired curl type, whether it’s beachy waves or classic curls.
At your next appointment be sure to ask your stylist if you have any questions or if you would like to see any of these techniques in action!
Book your appointment here: Online Bookings