Guaranteed zero frizz! Our keratin smoothing treatment is the solution for unruly, frizzy hair. You will enjoy three months of frizz free hair, which is more manageable and humidity resistant – perfect for our Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast climate. Your previously frizzy hair will feel soft, and your styling time will be halved. While our keratin smoothing treatment does not straighten your hair, it will relax and soften unruly curls and waves making styling a breeze.
Keratin smoothing treatments are a popular option for those looking to achieve frizz-free hair.
Here’s what you need to know:
What is Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
Keratin smoothing treatment is a semi-permanent hair straightening and smoothing method that utilizes a protein called keratin to relax the hair and eliminate frizz. It works by applying a special keratin solution to the hair, which is then sealed in using heat from a flat iron. The treatment typically lasts several weeks to a few months, depending on your hair type and how well you maintain it.
- Frizz Reduction: Keratin treatments effectively reduce frizz, making your hair look sleek and smooth.
- Manageability: Treated hair becomes more manageable, making it easier to style.
- Shine: Less frizz = a smoother surface. This means your hair will reflect light with high shine.
- Less Styling Time: Because your hair is smoother, you will spend less time styling it. Perfect for your busy lifestyle, spend more time doing the things you love with fabulous, effortless hair.
- Temporary: The treatment is semi-permanent, so it gradually wears off as you wash your hair, allowing you to return to your natural texture. There is no regrowth.
- Chemical Treatment: Keratin smoothing treatments involve the use of chemicals and heat, so they should be performed by a trained stylist in a well-ventilated area.
- Cost: The price varies, depending on your hair length and density. Pop in for a free consultation and quote.
- Maintenance: Aftercare is important. You’ll need to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners to prolong the results. At Twisted Desire, we include a full sized shampoo and conditioner with our Keratin service so that we can 100% money back guarantee results.
- Health and Safety: Some people may have sensitivities or allergies to the chemicals used, so it’s essential to discuss any concerns with your stylist. This is not the treatment for you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hair Type: The effectiveness of the treatment can vary depending on your hair type. It tends to work best on frizzy or curly hair. Overly damaged hair will not repair with a keratin treatment, in fact you will achieve uneven results.
Before getting a keratin smoothing treatment, consult with a Twisted professional stylist who can assess your hair type and advise you on whether it’s suitable for you. They can also explain the process in detail and provide information on aftercare to ensure you get the best results while keeping your hair healthy.