Did you know that our salon recycles and repurposes 95% of its waste? Our bins are the bright purple ones in the carpark and they are locked to prevent contamination. We are committed to sustainable growth that encourages social responsibility and respect for the planet.
This simple initiative can make all the difference to what was once landfill waste become a future resource. Rather than contaminating the waterways, excess shampoo and hair colour waste now go to a chemical recycler. Plastics are also recycled into construction material and gardening equipment.
What’s more, our Twisted Team love that the proceeds from recycling benefit the community through several programs. Every kilo of recycled aluminium helps Oz Harvest fund four meals for the homeless. Ponytails go to the Variety Charity to provide wigs to children with alopecia, while cut hair is made into booms used to absorb oil spills.
Every haircut helps save the planet. We actively participate in the Sustainable Salons program and were recently awarded a Certificate of Positive Impact ~ high fives all round!!!
From tech & wardrobe to hair
This season marks a time to refresh, clean out, and reflect. Time to clean things up, clear things out, and look forward for a renewed you for spring. Here’s how…
1. Do a tech detox – When you hear the phrase “tech detox” you probably think take some time off your phone to unplug. And while that’s all well and good to do often, I’m referring to actually cleaning up the contents on your phone so that it’s less cluttered and less distracting.
2. File away your email inbox – Take an afternoon to create a filing system for your email inbox.
3. Tackle your wardrobe – Now that we’ve gotten two tech tips out of the way, it’s time to dive into spring-cleaning physical items and areas of your house. Many of us clean out our closets regularly, and spring is an especially great time to go through the items you didn’t reach for all winter long and make room for new spring and summer purchases.
4. Spring clean your beauty routine – Take some time this season to wash your makeup brushes and replace old ones that have seen better days. Similarly, throw out and replace old makeup palettes, mascaras, lipsticks and everything in between.
5. Spring clean your hair – There’s no better way to start fresh than with the beautiful, clean lines of a good haircut or trim. You’ll get the swing, the bounce, the crisp edge, and that I-just-left-the-salon spring in your step.
Everyone knows that sometimes you need a major beauty change and if you ask us, there is no better way to embrace it than changing up your hairstyle. Whether it’s a crazy last minute colour switch, a pixie cut you never thought you would ever do, a bold fringe or just a healthy trim, hair transformations are always the most exciting types of makeovers.