Is your appointment booked? Better get on it, we are almost at capacity for this month and have started taking our waiting list for popular times. Our Twisted Team have each had a little holiday in November to recharge and reset for our busiest month of the year. If you have a party, graduation or Christmas do we have upskilled and have some fabulous tricks to share with you to get you hitting the party season with confidence and flair.
I’ve been busy improving our salon with some fabulous fun, here’s the latest:
- We are now accepting American Express, this recent collaboration will help you claim great rewards every time you have your hair done.
- We are having a mini facelift in the new year, stay tuned for a Twisted little reno.
- Our Twisted 10th Birthday celebration was a huge success and the vouchers were a sell-out. As a result, January and February are quite busy, so book your 2020 appointments now.
- Introducing Twisted Memberships … from as little as $39 per week you can now have your hair done with an easy direct deposit weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Our bonbon promo is kicking off again with a $200 voucher hidden in one lucky bonbon! Everyone is a winner.
I am excited to wrap the year with such an amazing team and I want to thank you for your loyal support. Every time you sit in our chairs we will do our best to give you an outstanding experience and fabulous hair. From our Twisted Family to yours ~ Merry Christmas!!! We look forward to pampering you and your loved ones.
What were you doing 10 years ago? I found myself reflecting on my life a decade ago. I had two primary school aged children, my marriage was over but I had a great, secure job teaching hair in the city at a private academy. The burn was real, I dreamed of having my own salon. I have always loved teaching and learning, so I decided to take a leap of faith and start this adventure. On 12 November 2009 I threw an opening party and Twisted Desire was born! WELL here’s 10 things I would tell that ambitious, brave and absolutely crazy young Anita:
1. You’ve got this, it’s going to be so hard and emotionally testing at times but you can do it.
2. Learn your numbers! The sooner the better. Outsource accounting and bookkeeping but understand those numbers and work with your accountant.
3. Progression, not perfection. Nothing will ever be perfect, just keep moving forward.
4. Look into the mirror – stay true to your values and always be honest with yourself.
5. There will be haters but no hater will ever be doing better than you.
6. Your team are everything, nurture them. Soon, you will work out quickly, who fits and who doesn’t.
7. There are amazing, talented people in your community connect, share and spend time with likeminded people.
8. Look after yourself. Business is tough and your health needs to be prioritised.
9. Forgive yourself. You will make mistakes, a LOT of mistakes. Learn the lesson and move on.
10. Always remember your why. Those beautiful young children (who are now fabulous adults!) are the sole reason this began. I want them to have an independent, strong role model that has the courage to risk everything so that we could enjoy our lives in this beautiful community.
We have loved every moment of service and family life in this community and would love to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so supportive over the last 10 years. Wait till you see what I’ve got planned for the next 10 😉
With love and gratitude,
Did you know that our salon recycles and repurposes 95% of its waste? Our bins are the bright purple ones in the carpark and they are locked to prevent contamination. We are committed to sustainable growth that encourages social responsibility and respect for the planet.
This simple initiative can make all the difference to what was once landfill waste become a future resource. Rather than contaminating the waterways, excess shampoo and hair colour waste now go to a chemical recycler. Plastics are also recycled into construction material and gardening equipment.
What’s more, our Twisted Team love that the proceeds from recycling benefit the community through several programs. Every kilo of recycled aluminium helps Oz Harvest fund four meals for the homeless. Ponytails go to the Variety Charity to provide wigs to children with alopecia, while cut hair is made into booms used to absorb oil spills.
Every haircut helps save the planet. We actively participate in the Sustainable Salons program and were recently awarded a Certificate of Positive Impact ~ high fives all round!!!