Creating perfect heat curls involves using the right tools and techniques! Here’s a step-by-step guide to how we create stunning curls at Twisted Desire:
- Prep Your Hair:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is naturally straight and tends to resist curls, you might want to use a light-hold mousse or styling product for added texture.
- Apply a heat protectant spray evenly throughout your hair to shield it from heat damage and let it dry if needed.
- Section Your Hair:
- Divide your hair into 3 sections using hair clips or claw clips. 2 sections on each side of the head and 1 section at the back.
- Set the Straightening Iron:
- Heat your straightening iron to the appropriate temperature for your hair type. Thicker hair generally requires higher heat, while finer hair should use a lower heat settings.
- Start Curling:
- Begin with one section of hair. For a more natural look, you can start curling a few inches down from your scalp.
- Hold the straightening iron pointing downward.
- Place a smaller section of hair inside the straightener, twisting the iron inwards or outwards depending on which way you would like the curl to fall.
- Pro tip: When curling the front pieces around the face, twist the iron inwards to ensure the curl sits away from your face.
- For a longer-lasting curl, let the curl cool in your hand before releasing it. This helps set the curls and ensures they last longer.
- Optional: Style and Finish:
- Use your fingers to gently tousle and separate the curls for a more natural look.
- Finish with a light mist of hairspray if you want extra hold.
Practice makes perfect when it comes to creating curls with heat tools. Experiment with different curling iron sizes and techniques to achieve your desired curl type, whether it’s beachy waves or classic curls.
At your next appointment be sure to ask your stylist if you have any questions or if you would like to see any of these techniques in action!
Book your appointment here: Online Bookings
A MAJOR PART OF HAIR COLOURING SERVICES, FOILS HAVE BEEN A GO-TO OPTION TO LIGHTEN, LIFT AND ADD COLOUR TO PEOPLE’S HAIR FOR DECADES.
Our Twisted Team keep upskilling and educating ourselves on a wide range of applications and techniques available. The uncapped level of styling and creativity is a big reason why Brisbane women are huge fans of the foil. A far cry from the days of streaks and that barbaric streaking cap. If you would like to add highlights and lowlights to a colour appointment, there is more than just the standard half head/full head applications.
WHAT IS BALAYAGE and how do I pronounce it?
Balayage is a French word that means “to sweep”. Contrary to what most people think, balayage is not a look, it is a technique. The process of adding highlights that are hand painted or “swept” on the surface of specific sections of hair.
Oh, and it’s pronounced bah-lee-ahge. This technique has been mastered by our team and looks best on hair that has a soft curl finish, remember this if you are more likely to wear your hair straight.
WHAT IS OMBRE?
Also French, meaning shadow. This is a lived-in look and can be created in any hair colours, on shorter and longer lengths. The hair is shadowed at the root, with highlights towards the ends of your hair. Our Twisted Team create many Ombre colour combinations from delicious chocolate to caramel or blonde to lavender.
Ombre hair is in great demand and is a superb opportunity to express yourself and add that very special extra glow to your style. Most women choose to have ombre because it’s considered very beautiful, low-maintenance and can fix some hair issues. For example, disguising damaged ends. When our team professionally deliver an ombre hairstyle, the ends really do appear thicker and the rest of the hair more dimensional. The eyes look brighter, and the skin appears younger and fresher.
Whether you’re going for a high-impact blonde, adding texture and dimension, a root re-touch, or creating a ‘lived-in’ look that is a lot lower maintenance, the different ways to colour hair with foils are constantly improving and evolving. We pride ourselves on being a highly educated team and are always ready to wow you with the latest techniques. Our goal is to make sure you leave with a spring in your step, your new hair colour personalised to match your skin tone, eye colour and lifestyle.
Being blonde is a commitment, and if you want to be turning heads for all the right reasons, then you need a blonde specialist to get it right. Our team are highly trained both on base and off base – chasing the latest techniques and sourcing the best products to ensure that your hair is strong, shiny, and touchable.
Blonde hair has the most delicate hair structure, yet, despite this, our colourists must guarantee perfect hair quality and spectacular colour results. Therefore, we choose Schwarzkopf BLONDME for superior blonde hair quality, even in the most demanding of situations. It is powered by the Bond Protection System and helps us overcome any blonde challenge.
We also use and recommend Olaplex for extra strength and to maintain the integrity of your hair. This powerful combination with our highly educated Blonde Specialist team is the reason Twisted Desire is known as the Blonde Experts. Clients travel regularly from the Sunshine Coast to our family-based hair salon, for their Twisted Experience, and leave with luscious locks that last and have great tone until their next visit. Our local ladies in Corinda, Indooroopilly, Jindalee and Oxley highly recommend our team on social media, and through local community groups and we are so grateful to them for trusting us with their hair.
Book now for a free consultation and hair plan with one of our Colour Specialists, it only takes 15 minutes, and you will receive an exact quote with some professional advice on shades and tones that suit you best. We love to share versatile, current, on-trend looks. Many of them move with natural grace, sophistication, and elegance, while others are more vivid and dramatic. Whatever your natural hair colour is, we have a solution and the inspiration to achieve your hair goals.BOOK NOW BOOK NOW
Guaranteed zero frizz! Our keratin smoothing treatment is the solution for unruly, frizzy hair. You will enjoy three months of frizz free hair, which is more manageable and humidity resistant – perfect for our Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast climate. Your previously frizzy hair will feel soft, and your styling time will be halved. While our keratin smoothing treatment does not straighten your hair, it will relax and soften unruly curls and waves making styling a breeze.
Keratin smoothing treatments are a popular option for those looking to achieve frizz-free hair.
Here’s what you need to know:
What is Keratin Smoothing Treatment?
Keratin smoothing treatment is a semi-permanent hair straightening and smoothing method that utilizes a protein called keratin to relax the hair and eliminate frizz. It works by applying a special keratin solution to the hair, which is then sealed in using heat from a flat iron. The treatment typically lasts several weeks to a few months, depending on your hair type and how well you maintain it.
- Frizz Reduction: Keratin treatments effectively reduce frizz, making your hair look sleek and smooth.
- Manageability: Treated hair becomes more manageable, making it easier to style.
- Shine: Less frizz = a smoother surface. This means your hair will reflect light with high shine.
- Less Styling Time: Because your hair is smoother, you will spend less time styling it. Perfect for your busy lifestyle, spend more time doing the things you love with fabulous, effortless hair.
- Temporary: The treatment is semi-permanent, so it gradually wears off as you wash your hair, allowing you to return to your natural texture. There is no regrowth.
- Chemical Treatment: Keratin smoothing treatments involve the use of chemicals and heat, so they should be performed by a trained stylist in a well-ventilated area.
- Cost: The price varies, depending on your hair length and density. Pop in for a free consultation and quote.
- Maintenance: Aftercare is important. You’ll need to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners to prolong the results. At Twisted Desire, we include a full sized shampoo and conditioner with our Keratin service so that we can 100% money back guarantee results.
- Health and Safety: Some people may have sensitivities or allergies to the chemicals used, so it’s essential to discuss any concerns with your stylist. This is not the treatment for you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hair Type: The effectiveness of the treatment can vary depending on your hair type. It tends to work best on frizzy or curly hair. Overly damaged hair will not repair with a keratin treatment, in fact you will achieve uneven results.
Before getting a keratin smoothing treatment, consult with a Twisted professional stylist who can assess your hair type and advise you on whether it’s suitable for you. They can also explain the process in detail and provide information on aftercare to ensure you get the best results while keeping your hair healthy.