KYLIE AND KENDALL JENNER’S HAIRSTYLIST SHARES 3 EASY TIPS TO WINTER-PROOF YOUR HAIR
Love them or hate them, they always have great hair
With winter firmly upon us, our locks need a little extra TLC so they don’t turn dry, dull and withered thanks to all that time spent huddled over the heater. But what precisely should we do to winter-proof our hair? Vogue asked Colombini to share his best seasonal switch-ups, so the cool temps don’t rob us of our lustrous locks. Here, the celebrity stylist shares his three best weather-proofing tips.
Seasonal shampoo switch-up: “As the seasons change our beauty regimen should also change. During the winter our hair and skin tend to be the driest. Just as you would use a heavier face cream [in winter], our shampoo and conditioner should also be stepped up with extra moisture to keep or hair from getting dull.”
Stop seasonal breakage: “The number one reason we get hair breakage is colour processing and the number two is environmental. Depending on the degree of breakage I recommend any kind of protein building hair mask.”
Brighten up dull locks: “If you ain’t got shine it ain’t going to be shiny, so fake it until you make it. I love hair oil [to fake shiny tresses].”
Is your appointment booked? Better get on it, we are almost at capacity for this month and have started taking our waiting list for popular times. Our Twisted Team have each had a little holiday in November to recharge and reset for our busiest month of the year. If you have a party, graduation or Christmas do we have upskilled and have some fabulous tricks to share with you to get you hitting the party season with confidence and flair.
I’ve been busy improving our salon with some fabulous fun, here’s the latest:
- We are now accepting American Express, this recent collaboration will help you claim great rewards every time you have your hair done.
- We are having a mini facelift in the new year, stay tuned for a Twisted little reno.
- Our Twisted 10th Birthday celebration was a huge success and the vouchers were a sell-out. As a result, January and February are quite busy, so book your 2020 appointments now.
- Introducing Twisted Memberships … from as little as $39 per week you can now have your hair done with an easy direct deposit weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Our bonbon promo is kicking off again with a $200 voucher hidden in one lucky bonbon! Everyone is a winner.
I am excited to wrap the year with such an amazing team and I want to thank you for your loyal support. Every time you sit in our chairs we will do our best to give you an outstanding experience and fabulous hair. From our Twisted Family to yours ~ Merry Christmas!!! We look forward to pampering you and your loved ones.
What were you doing 10 years ago? I found myself reflecting on my life a decade ago. I had two primary school aged children, my marriage was over but I had a great, secure job teaching hair in the city at a private academy. The burn was real, I dreamed of having my own salon. I have always loved teaching and learning, so I decided to take a leap of faith and start this adventure. On 12 November 2009 I threw an opening party and Twisted Desire was born! WELL here’s 10 things I would tell that ambitious, brave and absolutely crazy young Anita:
1. You’ve got this, it’s going to be so hard and emotionally testing at times but you can do it.
2. Learn your numbers! The sooner the better. Outsource accounting and bookkeeping but understand those numbers and work with your accountant.
3. Progression, not perfection. Nothing will ever be perfect, just keep moving forward.
4. Look into the mirror – stay true to your values and always be honest with yourself.
5. There will be haters but no hater will ever be doing better than you.
6. Your team are everything, nurture them. Soon, you will work out quickly, who fits and who doesn’t.
7. There are amazing, talented people in your community connect, share and spend time with likeminded people.
8. Look after yourself. Business is tough and your health needs to be prioritised.
9. Forgive yourself. You will make mistakes, a LOT of mistakes. Learn the lesson and move on.
10. Always remember your why. Those beautiful young children (who are now fabulous adults!) are the sole reason this began. I want them to have an independent, strong role model that has the courage to risk everything so that we could enjoy our lives in this beautiful community.
We have loved every moment of service and family life in this community and would love to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so supportive over the last 10 years. Wait till you see what I’ve got planned for the next 10 😉
With love and gratitude,